Foundational Health Check
The Future Of Health Is Data-Driven, Personalised & Empowering
Why The Foundational Health Check
The Foundational Health Check provides up to 150 health biomarkers to better understand your hormonal, immune, metabolic, digestive and nutritional health status. Following your blood and urine test you will have in-depth functional interpretation with Elena Rolt.
During your consultation you will learn how your current functional imbalances relate to your symptoms. More importantly, Elena will discuss and explain how these imbalances could be corrected with focussed nutritional and lifestyle changes, as well as supplementation.
Functional vs. Conventional Blood Testing
Functional blood chemistry analysis is quite different from a conventional blood test. First of all, the interpretation of your results is based on OPTIMAL levels for each biomarker, not “normal” reference levels. Normal reference levels are based on increasingly unhealthy population, while optimal levels are much narrower and based on your age and gender. Do you experience symptoms but your blood test results keep coming back “normal”? Then you need to look at optimal levels, as well as wider range of markers to get to the bottom of your health challenges.
Second of all, functional blood chemistry interpretation allows to identify certain patterns and conditions. For example, a few suboptimal markers may indicate a parasitic infection, such as raised Eosinophils, raised Monocytes, raised Monocytes, raised/low White Blood Cells, low Ferritin, low ALP. These patterns may not even be picked up in your conventional blood test, as they could be within the “normal” range.
Comprehensive blood test (with retesting in 6 months) includes:
- Full Blood Count
- Lipid Panel (Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides)
- Heart Health (Small LDL, Lipoprotein (a), Apo-A1, Apo-B, Heart-type Fatty Acid Binding Protein)
- Liver Profile (ALP, AST, ALT, GGT, Total Bilirubin, Globulin, Albumin)
- Metabolic Profile (Glucose, Insulin, HbA1c, C-peptide, Leptin, Adiponectin, Resistin)
- Kidney Health (Creatinine, eGFR, Chlorine, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphate, Sodium, Urea, Cystatin C)
- Iron Profile (Iron, TIBC, Transferrin, Transferrin Saturation, Ferritin)
- Infection & Inflammation (ESR, hs-CRP, C3, C4, Ferritin, IgA, IgG, IgM, ASO)
- Full Thyroid Profile (TSH, Free T4, Free T3, TPO-antibodies, TG-antibodies)
- Female Hormonal Health (Oestradiol, FSH, LH, Progesterone, Prolactin, Testosterone, SHBG)
- Male Hormonal Health (Testosterone, SHBG, Free Androgen Index)
- Tumour Markers (PSA (males), CA-125 (females))
- Nutritional Markers (Folate, B12, Iron, Vitamin D3, Magnesium)
- Allergy Evaluation (IgE)
- Muscle & Joint Health (CK, Uric Acid, RF)
Urine tests measure the following:
- Red Blood Cells (RBCs)
- White Blood Cells (WBCs)
- Please do not consume food or drinks (excluding water) for a minimum of 6 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Please stay well hydrated with water.
- Please do not chew gum.
- Please do not smoke for a minimum of 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Please avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours before your appointment.
- Please discontinue using any supplementation for a minimum of 3-5 days prior to testing (do not discontinue prescribed medication)
For those that want to understand their hormonal, immune, metabolic, digestive and nutritional health status, as well as to assess their cardiovascular, kidney, liver, and thyroid health.
Also, for those who want to take proactive steps to address the root cause of their deficiencies and imbalances using the functional medicine approach and personalised guidance.
Your samples will be sent to the lab for analysis and we will arrange a consultation within one week with your personalised action plan and recommendations.
What My Happy Clients Say!
“Elena has inspired me to start my health optimisation journey. She has done several functional tests for me (microbiome etc) and helped identify and treat a few issues they showed. It transpired I had candida (which explained some issues I had for years) and through following Elena’s advice, this has been sorted.
She has also tweaked my diet, encouraging me to include food groups I used to ignore and making sure my morning smoothies were balanced, teaching me optimum nutrition for better health. She has also given me advice on sleep, stress management, and weight loss. I have now lost 6kg following Elena’s recommendations and have never felt better.”