Serves: 4-6 people
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 35-40 min
3 handfuls of broccoli florets
1tsp caraway seeds
2tbsp olive oil
Hard cheese for a topping (optional)
- Wash the broccoli and cut into florets. Then place in a saucepan with 1cm of boiling water, cover with a lid, reduce the heat and cook until the water evaporates and the broccoli becomes softer, around 7-10 min.
- While broccoli is cooking, chop the leeks and add to a roasting dish with some olive oil.
- Add the spices, a bit of salt, the softened broccoli and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pour over the veggies in the tray. The veggies should be covered by the egg mixture.
- Bake at 180°C for 35-40 min until the eggs are cooked through.
- Once it’s cooked and still hot, add the grated cheese to the top and allow to melt.
I prefer cooking broccoli in a small amount of water (or steaming), rather than boiling, to avoid the leakage of nutrients into the water which would be thrown away.