Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
1 red onion
1 large carrot
2 celery stalks
5 garlic cloves
1 x 400ml can of mixed beans (or any beans you have)
1 x 400ml can of chopped tomatoes
1tbsp tomato paste
1tsp ground coriander
2tbsp olive oil (for frying)
Fresh coriander or parsley (optional)
- Chop the onion, the garlic, the celery, grate the carrot and add the vegetables to a hot pan with the olive oil. Fry for 7-10 min until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the spices to the mix and stir well.
- Add drained and washed beans and a can of chopped tomatoes.
- Stir through the tomato paste, add some salt and cook on a low heat for 20-30 min.
- When the sauce is almost ready stir through some fresh coriander.
- While the bean sauce is cooking, boil water for the pasta. Add salt and cook the pasta as per instructions on the package.
- Serve with the chopped fresh herbs, such as coriander, parsley or dill.